One of the audacious entrepreneurs of all time, Sri M.C. Jacob founded the Anna Aluminium Company in 1968 which has become a leading manufacturer of pure aluminium products. Hailing from an affluent family of plantation owners, Sri Jacob was a Public Works Department contractor. He made an breakthrough in the aluminium industry, when he happened to learn that not only do Tamil Nadu-based companies manufacture aluminium utensils using the scrap from the INDAL plant in Kalamasserry (his neighboring panchayat) but also sell the same at a profit in Kerala.After With meticulous training in the technology along with the help of expert workers, Sri Jacob established Anna Aluminium with just 8 employees. The business took off successfully owing to the exceptional quality and intuitive marketing strategies implied. Presently, Anna Group is the topmost company in Kerala in terms of having the highest employee strength. As a result of Sri M.C. Jacob’s visionary actions and hard work, Anna Group has carved a powerful niche in the domestic as well as the global market. Apart from high-quality Aluminium products, the group has made a strong foothold in manufacture and supply of first-class garments, fabrics, spices, marine exports and so forth.
The success story of Anna Group began in 1968, when its founder Sri M.C. Jacob ventured into manufacture of superior Aluminium products. Anna Aluminium offers a complete range of aluminium products to suit all household and commercial needs. From fast selling utensils to anodized aluminium extrusions and aluminium sheets for construction industry, Anna Group has expanded its possibilities. These high quality products made from 99.5% pure aluminium have found strong market ground in India as well as abroad, like the Gulf, Africa, Australia and the U.S.A. The company has also established a wide retail network and an extended chain of exclusive showrooms.
The success story of Anna Group began in 1968,
The company has broadened its horizons to include diverse industries such as textiles, marine exports, spices and more, into its brand portfolio. This multidimensional, multi-market business delivers a wide range of ISI approved superior quality products.
Anna Group started out as an aluminium products manufacturer over 43 years ago, and expanded into other sectors such as food and spices, textiles and more. The group is committed to quality and highly adept in identifying new business opportunities and challenges. After Anna Aluminium, its flagship company, Anna Group also established a textile unit, Kitex. The ScooBee Day and Trawellday Bags division under Kitex caters to the constant demands for school bags, travel bags and similar products. Saras Spices, launched in 1979, is a major player engaged in the processing and distribution of spices, branded curry powders and masalas. Anna Group has always been focused on expanding its possibilities through diverse products and brand portfolio. From fast selling Aluminium utensils to much-in-demand anodized aluminium extrusions, Anna Group is consistently developing its potential. The company’s state-of-the-art manufacturing units produce Aluminium sheets which are in high demand in the construction industry.
Anna Aluminium, aluminium utensils and products
- Chakson Cookware
- Chakson Non-Stick Cookware
- Chakson Induction Stove
- Chakson Induction Base Pressure Cookers
- Chakson Induction Base Vessels
- Chakson Thermal Cookers
- Anna Pure Aluminium Vessels
- Anna Outer Lid Pressure Cookers
Ellys Herbal products
- Ellys Gastro Herbal Digest
- Ellys Herbal Laxative
Kitex, textile unit
- ScooBee Day
- Dago Bert
- Scoobee Loobee
Saras, spices & curry powder
- Ready to Eat
- Ready to Cook
- Curry Powder
- Masala Pastes
- The group’s turnover has been growing at 20 percent a year and hopes to maintain the growth rate.
- Kitex Garments is the world’s third largest manufacturer of kids’ products such as kids’ apparel, school bags, innerwear etc.
- Kitex Garments recently acquired an order from the multinational brand Jockey International, for the production of the innerwear brand ‘Stay Cool.’
- Kitex is the first company at global level that has been given the contract for this product.
From its modest start with eight employees, Anna group has now grown to become the largest private sector employer in Kerala, with the highest employee strength. (Nearly 12,500 employees.)
Anna Group places huge emphasis on adherence to quality standards and the ISI mark awarded by the Bureau of Indian Standards to all Anna Aluminium products confirms our level of commitment. Based on the prerequisites placed on the manufacturing processes and the quality level of the components to achieve ISI standard, we are capable of supplying highly reliable, cost effective, and top quality products to our customers. Anna Group believes that along with supreme quality, there are three major elements crucial for brand building and increased sales: reasonable pricing, demand for product and effective advertising.
We emphasise on the importance of good customer relationships, understanding their demands and endeavouring to retain long term loyalty through high-level customer satisfaction. We are also steadfast on maintaining amiable relationship with our employees for enhanced productivity and growth.
Awards & Approvals
- Sri M.C. Jacob honoured with Udyog Patra Award in 1979 by Sri B. D. Jatti, the then Vice President of India.
- Samman Patra awarded by the Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Revenue for outstanding revenue performance.
- Sri M.C. Jacob, the first entrepreneur to be bestowed with Lifetime Achievement Award by the Government of Kerala for overall contribution to the industrial sector.
- The Joseph Chakola Memorial ‘Vyavasaya Jyothi’ Award from Ernakulam Chamber of Commerce was awarded to Sri M.C. Jacob in the year 2000-2001.
- “Vendor of the Year” Award received from Toys”R”Us, Inc., leading toys and juvenile-products retailer based in USA.
- Advertising Industries Media presented a Memento ‘Kerala Adifest 2007’ to Sri M.C. Jacob for his contribution to the advertising industry.
- The company was awarded the ‘Trans World Trade Fair’ Gold Medal in 1975.
- Sri M.C. Jacob was presented the Business Man Of Kerala, 1999 award by the Business Deepika, business daily from Deepika, one of the oldest Malayalam newspaper groups.
- Kristhu Jayanthy Award to Sri M.C. Jacob during the 82nd All Kerala Catholic Congress in 2000 for his noteworthy contribution to the economy of Kerala.
- Bharat Aluminium Company Ltd. (A Government of India Enterprise) Service Recognition Award received.
- The Bureau of Indian Standards has awarded ISI mark for all Anna Aluminium products.
- The export quality ready-to-eat and ready-to-cook products have been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) of USA and have received AGMARK certification in India.
- Memento presented to Sri M.C. Jacob in 1992 for his valuable contribution to the Evangelistic Convention held at Puthencruz, a village in Ernakulam district of Kerala.
- For his meritorious services, Sri M.C. Jacob was awarded by Major Archbishop Mar Varkey Vithayathil in 2000 on behalf of the most gracious Ignatious Moosa Ist, Patriarch of Vatican.
- Akshaya Award 2000 for Sri M.C. Jacob’s outstanding contribution to ‘Malayanma’.
- In recognition to meritorious services to Syrian Orthodox Church and assistance to the needy in the soci ety, H. H. Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I, Patriarch of Antioch and East Supreme head of the Universal Syrian Orthodox Church bestowed Sri M.C. Jacob with the title of ‘Commander’ of the Syrian Orthodox Church in 2001.
Go Green Initiative
We understand that the human footprint on the planet is having adverse influence on fragile ecosystems, now than ever before. Being one of the leaders in the aluminium industry, we are also committed to delivering green initiatives for a greener, sustainable planet and brighter future for the people. Our green and practicable ideas of using solar energy and windmill technology to power our industries make business operations and infrastructure more efficient and environment friendly. We are committed to delivering highly sustainable and efficient products to our customers. We integrate sustainable practices across our businesses, with cautious use of our planet’s resources and genuine concern for the community.
Anna Group came into existence with initial venture -Anna Aluminium
arrow line 1975round
Registration of Kitex Limited the textile manufacturing unit by Anna Group
arrow line 1979round
Production initiated at Kitex Limited the textile manufacturing unit of Anna Group
arrow line 1979round
Registration of Saras spices and food products by Anna Group
Chakson brand Pressure cookers introduced in the market
arrow line 2000round
Scoobee Day school bags launched
arrow line 2007round
The premium inner wear creations from Kitex Limited are introduced in the market
arrow line 2007round
Scoobee Loobee kids wears launched
arrow line 2008round
trawellday Bags Travel bagslaunched
Apart from these, Anna Group has also introduced several other products to cater to both domestic and international market. Dago Bert Shirting & Suitings, Agna and Adonis innerwear, ScooBee Loobee kids’ innerwear, Trawellday travel bags, and Dezire bags for college students are some of our brands that have built an unmatched position & reputation in the market.